March 1, 2016

Major General S.T. Ayers


Major General S.T. Ayers
1925-2012
Flight Cap & CWU-36/P Flight Jacket

General Ayers enlisted in the Army Air Force in 1943. After being discharged in 1945, he joined the Arkansas National Guard and was commissioned a second lieutenant in 1950. Ayers then graduated from Oklahoma A&M in 1951 with a degree in geology. He was assigned to the 937th Military Airlift Group in 1953. When the 507th Tactical Fighter Group was activated in 1972, replacing the 937th Military Airlift Group at Tinker Air Force Base, Ayers remained. In 1973 Ayers was selected as mobilization assistant at the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center and a year later was designated mobilization assistant for logistics operations at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. He reached the rank of Major General in the Air Force Reserve in 1982. Ayers became mobilization assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics and Engineering at the Pentagon before his retirement in 1983. A resident of Oklahoma City, he also served as commander of the Oklahoma Wing of the Civil Air Patrol in addition to leading a career in petroleum geology with his firm Ayers Exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment